It’s not necessary the luxury of a camping vehicle enjoy the best life you can in a van. Here are a few of the most reliable rental campervan businesses to take you on your next road excursion.
Are you ready to get on the #vanlife and go undiscovered roads? I’ve put together an extensive list of the top rental campervan firms to help you start in the Great American road trip.
Each of these firms has a different approach and some may meet your requirements better than other companies. It’s important to be aware of your choices. For each business I’ve provided a brief description of the things that make them different in addition to an overview of the advantages and disadvantages so that you can easily compare them.
A campervan rental permits you to visit multiple cities without having to worry about hotel reservations, staying in an inn or putting up your tent each night.
you may like this recipe – Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe | Recipe Critic
Campervans can also be cheaper as compared to hotel accommodations, based on the location you’re traveling to and the business you choose. Furthermore, touring across the United States in a van gives you a relaxed vacation that includes plenty of freedom and stunning breathtaking views of beautiful landscapes.
In addition to campervans, many of these firms offer different kinds of RVs. They offer the Class A, Class B as well as Class C motorhomes. They also have travel trailers fifth-wheels, and much more.
To become more familiar with the terminology and process I have written a post about how to get an RV rental. It will explain the difference between the various rental options and will provide you with a solid base.
With that in mind here are my top three choices for the top camping van rental companies available currently.
#What to Know Before Renting a Campervan
Before we begin our list of the top rental vans for campers be aware that there are two types of camper vans.
The first is that campervan rental firms use an peer-to-peer model, where you lease an RV from an private RV owner (much as Airbnb). Certain platforms allow you to register as a renter and advertise your RV on their website (should you own one in your garage).
read also – Homemade Apple Pie Spice | Recipe Critic
The other is an fleet for companies which companies purchase and convert vehicles into RVs, or build their own RVs. it is possible to rent straight from their company. This option is obviously more reliable as well as professional than the prior model, but it could also be more costly. Furthermore, review systems that are available on peer-to peer sites will help you make your decision with confidence.
Outdoorsy’s website is like one of the campsite rental marketplace that is the Airbnb for campers. It’s a reputable company that offers an online platform for rentees to can connect with RV and campervan owners. It’s not just the most reliable rental market for RVs and also user-friendly.
On Outdoorsy’s website there’s a wide selection of RVs. From luxury Class A motorhomes to campervans that are compact, Class B and Class C campers and everything else van-related.
The website is easy to navigate. Enter your location and Outdoorsy shows all the possible RV rental options. You can narrow your search results to show results only for campervans, or any other type of motorhome you’d like to look through.
Pros and Cons of Outdoorsy
They also provide an extensive insurance plan and review features that make selecting a simple task.
It is peer-to -peer marketplace. This means that rentees are able to rent from private owners, not the fleet of companies. This means you are able to lease a campervan through any of their owners. If you own one in your garage that is sleeping You can put it up on Outdoorsy and make some money.
- Outdoorsy is the world’s most trustworthy on the internet RV rentals marketplace. SimilarWeb has been ranked Outdoorsy in the Digital 100 (an annual listing of the fastest-growing businesses) as being in ninth position in the category of Travel Experiences category.
- Outdoorsy is available in 14 countries, which includes the USA. If you happen to reside in Canada, Australia, the UK, France, or Italy you are still able to make use of Outdoorsy’s services.
- RV owners who wish to lease their vehicles through Outdoorsy can sign up at no cost, and there is no cost to join.
- The website provides specific, personal reviews written by the individual. There are reviews from customers about their rented RVs, and also their experiences with RV owners. In addition, owners of RVs have the option to share their experiences on Outdoorsy and Outdoorsy.com. You are able to read if you’re looking to advertise your rental RV on the website.
- Outdoorsy offers a comprehensive insurance protection program which includes a free 24-hour roadside assistance. The coverage begins when you’ve got your keys, and is over after you have returned the keys.
- We’re aware the fact that Outdoorsy is one of the best-known rental marketplace on the planet. But, because of its peer-to peer model however, it could be an easy target for fraudsters who prey on the owners or rentees of RVs. Always keep reviewers in your mind.
- In the same way (of the peer-to peer model) it is not guaranteed that all RVs are in perfect state. Therefore, it’s essential to look over reviews and ratings for a sense of the standard before you book an RV.
When Outdoorsy could be the Airbnb of RVs it’s the equivalent of RVezy. is its cousin, a younger one who has recently entered the market. However, RVezy has already begun to give Outdoorsy direct rivalry.
The company was first introduced in Canada in 2017 which quickly became the leader in RVs. It has recently moved across the border to join into the US market, and brought the best range of RVs and top-quality customer support services.
Like Outdoorsy, RVezy is an online rental van platform which uses a peer-to-peer system to connect RV owners with rentees. Renting a campervan from RVezy is as easy as entering your location on their website and selecting one of the available vans from their database of stunning and authentic RVs.
Although the company offers an extensive RV range and is popular in Canada however, it’s not yet gaining popularity across the US. When compared with Outdoorsy, RVezy in the US does not have reviews nor its range of campervan rentals. This is however likely to be temporary as RVezy is determined to build solid foundations in this area.
For a thorough analysis and comparison of these two companies, look over my RVezy review, or read this article on comparing Outdoorsy and. RVezy.
Pros and Cons of RVezy
While RVezy is still relatively new in the US however, it’s one of the most trusted rental service across North America, so we can be sure that the business is certainly trustworthy. Here’s a list of the pros and cons.
- RVezy gives outdoor enthusiasts across Canada as well as America. US an affordable method to lease RVs. It also offers less expensive service fees than Outdoorsy.
- Each RVezy rental has been screened and verified and fully insured.
- This company is a recipient of plenty of favorable reviews from customers and offers outstanding customer service. Instead of just pointing the user to their site’s Help Center the staff are responsive, friendly and quick to respond and provides helpful advice and solutions.
- It’s free to list the details of your RV on RVezy If you’re interested in making a quick profit.
- RVezy located in the US has a restricted choice of RV rentals as it only came to the US just recently, in 2020.
- RVezy hasn’t received any feedback from the US as it isn’t yet struggling to establish an identity in the US and has still struggling to establish itself on the other side of the border.
- The company does not provide free roadside assistance, so this crucial service may turn out to expensive for certain customers
3. Escape Campervans
Escape Campervans is one of the biggest van rental firms in the USA with their own modified vans for hire. The company was established by three surfers in the year 2003 from New Zealand and then they extended their reach in America in 2009. United States in 2009.
They operate in more than 13 cities including Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Phoenix, and Denver among them. If you’re located in Canada there’s no problem. The rental services of the company are accessible via Vancouver as well as Calgary.
read also – TOP 7 signs of unhealthy relationship
The main feature of Escape’s camper vans is the fact that they are painted with local artist. Imagine gram-worthy images and attractive postcards…if you’re willing to endure all the attention you’ll attract.
The vans are able to accommodate up as many as five persons. Their most well-known models is the Maverick, which is spacious inside but tiny enough to be able to squeeze through tight spaces.
Rental rates start at $33 per hour, however you can pickup is available during peak seasons. The prices are also contingent on the model of the RV, pickup or drop-off location and the length of your stay. The longer you stay in an RV the cheaper the price.
The limit on mileage on Escape’s vehicles is 100 miles per week and if you exceed this limit, you’ll have to pay an additional cost in the amount that is comparable to the vehicle’s model. If you’ve driven under the limit of mileage and you’re eligible for a reimbursement for the kilometers you did not use.
Pros and Cons of Escape Campervans
As one of the top van rental companies in the US It should come not as a surprise Escape Campervans’ pros greatly surpass its cons.
- The company provides 24 hour roadside assistance.
- The hand-painted designs will make you stand out from the crowd and create distinctive backdrops for photographs.
- Escape operates in the majority of America’s most populous cities as well as two Canadian cities, so there’s a the chance that there’s an Escape campervan to rent close to you.
- The vast array of rentals they offer are constructed and customized with traditional methods and contemporary designs. This significantly reduces the chance of issues and failures and makes Escape Campervans another trustworthy company on this list.
- All campervans have dual batteries, a refrigerator, solar panel stove, sink, and refrigerator.
- Although you can select custom options like camping equipment, bedding, and kitchen equipment, these are charged at a premium.
- There are three models: Maverick, Big Sur, and Santa Cruz models don’t have bathrooms, so those renting these cars have no option other than to utilize campsite facilities or restrooms in public. If sharing bathrooms isn’t your thing it’s best to avoid this choice.
Similar to Outdoorsy, RVShare is a peer to peer marketplace that has received thousands of 5-star reviews from customers who are satisfied.
Another similarity is the site of RVShare that, as Outdoorsy is simple to navigate. It’s as easy as entering your location and sorting through the results as you’d like. It’s possible to filter by deciding on the type of travel vehicle and price, as well as delivery and even pet-friendly choices.
For more details on the distinctions between these two majors of peer-to-peer camping rentals, please read my article on the differences between RVShare and Outdoorsy..
It’s fascinating to learn that RVShare was one of the the first to join the RV rental market using a peer-to-peer model in 2012.
The company focuses on operations within the U.S., with more than 100,000 RVs in the United States. From luxurious class A motorhomes through Class B campervans fifth wheels and travel trailers there’s a vast range of RVShare’s inventory on their website.
Many variables affect the trustworthiness of RVShare and its reliability.
- A peer-to-peer platform that permits RVShare to offer a vast variety of RV types with unique options and affordable pricing.
- If you’re skeptical regarding online payments, you need to know that the website provides a secure payment platform. RVShare validates accounts and runs fraud checks, which makes your transactions more secure and trustworthy.
- Each rental includes 24/7 emergency roadside assistance. They also provide insurance protection.
- For those who are planning to travel frequently may be pleased to learn that customers receive 5percent cashback on any future travel.
- There’s no cost for membership and it’s totally free for owners of RVs to join RVShare.
- The fact that RVShare’s marketplace is owned by individuals could not provide the high-quality service that the company claims to provide. It is recommended to read the reviews of the renter prior to deciding which campervan to lease.
- The firm doesn’t require owners of RVs to have an annual check-up of their vehicle from the DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles). This means that the condition of the RVs might not be as good as they appear.
- Some might be concerned that RVShare doesn’t reveal which insurance company they’ve signed with. However, they do maintain the A+ rating from the BBB (Better Business Bureau). It is your responsibility to determine whether RVShare is a reliable company or not.
- In comparison the other sites like Outdoorsy, RVShare doesn’t emphasize owners’ profiles too much. Therefore it can be difficult to find owners’ profiles to read reviews or contact details can be difficult.
5. Peace Vans
If you’re a fan of the aesthetic vintage Volkswagens peace Vans could be the perfect option on this list.
In Seattle, WA, Peace Vans offers retro camper rentals throughout all of the Pacific Northwest. Peace Vans also are experts in repairs and service of VW campers. In the end, they’re among the top VW campervan repair shop located in North America.
One time, a couple traveled from Alabama all way to the company’s shop in Seattle to make sure their precious VW could receive an winter overhaul. That’s a lot of dedication, you guys!
The company is geared towards the trendy and trendy. They embellish their vans by adding glassware, cookware fresh-ground coffee, as well as other interesting and unexpected accessories. It’s like boutique #vanlife.
Peace Vans has a way to woo its clients. They also offer itineraries and help you plan your own. Harley Sitner, the owner of Peace Vans and Microsoft alumni claims he’s worked with families, and their pictures from the 1970s to recreate trips from childhood. Heartwarming, right?
If there’s a chance that you’re not in love with this well-known brand, or the trendy Vanagon style doesn’t appeal to those who are, Vanagon also offers elegant Mercedes campers.
Pros and Cons of Peace Vans
Peace Vans has many pros in particular, since the founder and employees are incredibly committed to their mission and are extremely generous with their clients. But, there’s a amount of negatives too.
- Revamped VW campervans that you can rent for Instagram-worthy photos.
- Rentals are more individual and are often accompanied by unexpected additions.
- In addition to camping vans They also offer gifts cards and detailed itinerary as well as access to hidden camping places.
- Most vans are equipped with refrigerators and complete cooking and eating equipment for four persons.
- You can take in the scenic views while singing along to your favourite songs due to the high-quality audio system.
- The company also offers fashionable Mercedes Metris pop-up campers to hire.
- Because the cars are old and require lots of maintenance and maintenance, the rental pool is always changing. This is why the vans that you see on the premises as well as the vans available at the time you book differ.
- In the peak season, Peace Vans has a minimum of six nights, and in this shoulder time, it is minimum of four nights.
- The complete linen package with sheets, pillows, sleeping blankets and towels are also available at an additional cost.
- The company operates a single depot located in Seattle, Washington.
- The Vanagons of VW do not come with AC to keep in line in their “vintage” vibe.
- The Weekender model does not have the kitchen.
6. Vintage Surfari Wagons
Old-fashioned Surfari Wagons is identical to Peace Vans in that they also have a selection of vintage Volkswagen camper vans to rent, as people who love the brand might have guessed by the title.
The firm is more close in Southern California. The proximity is a good choice for Californians looking for an old-fashioned VW van.
Travel back in time to the 1970s with their vast selection vanagones Eurovans as well as buses to rent. Prices range from $129 to $169 per day in the low season and range between $149 to 189 per day during peak season.
Pros and Cons of Vintage Surfari Wagons
Certain pros are similar to Peace Vans’ since both firms offer identical vans available.
- The headquarters of the company are at Los Angeles, which is the perfect road trip’s starting location.
- Group trips are possible to reserve for destinations such as Death Valley in California. Death Valley.
- The 70s and 80s-styled VW camper vans create breathtaking photos and convey the Cali style.
- Each of the stylish vans comes with fridge, stove eating table, sleeping bunks, a sink and other essentials to camp.
- The company provides only retro-styled rental vans. A slow cruising speed and a retro vibe might not be for you.
- In mid-summer, prices can be higher than $200 per night and there is a three-day minimum required for renting.
7. Voyager Campervans
The Voyager Caravans are well-spread all over all over the United States, with rental locations in Los Angeles, Portland, Nashville, Phoenix, Austin and Minneapolis. One of my favourite features of this company is the possibility to plan an all-day road trip and drop off your vehicle in any one of their offices!
Every van has an enormous bed, power from off grid as well as a stove equipped with cooking fuel, cookware, linens and a water supply. If you’re an environmentally conscious kind of person, you’ll be pleased that these vans are equipped with environmentally friendly features, such as solar-powered coolers.
It’s also very practical to travel on Voyager Campervans. You can utilize self-check-in to speed up your check-in process and also be able to travel the possibility of averaging 175 miles per day in the daily cost. It’s time to travel without worrying all that mileage.
Pros and Cons of Voyager Campervans
The truth is that Voyager Campervans is mostly pros. We’ll also go over the few negatives as well.
- Voyager Campervans come with everything you require to travel and cook in a blaze of fire. Additional amenities are offered such as towels, lines and camping equipment.
- You can benefit from their one-way service rather than taking round-trip.
- They’re environmentally friendly, and come equipped with solar-powered coolers as well as electric outlets that feature LED lighting that operates in the event that the car isn’t in use.
- Rental prices can range between $99 and $150 per day, contingent on the time of year. Prices rise during peak season, however you’ll enjoy great savings when you reserve longer-term trips. For instance an example, a peak-season rental in Austin costs around $149 for a three-day rental however, it will cost $111 per night if you book more than 10 days.
- 175 miles per week is included in the daily cost that is a lot greater than the majority of other companies.
- You can make use of Voyager Campervan’s self-check-in feature at the time you pick up your vehicle to reduce time (and manage fewer people If that’s what you prefer).
- A group of three or more adults might find these vans too cramped and small.
- There’s not much variations in the design of these campervans. They’re fairly regular.
- You are allowed to bring your dogalong, but it’ll cost you another $30 for cleaning charges.
- It is necessary to make a minimum booking that is three days.